Why your skin loves it?
Many of you already know Vitamin C for its energizing and regenerating properties... especially when we think about a good orange juice in the morning for a boost of energy! Well, it's exactly the same process with our skin. Applied on the skin, Vitamin C stimulates the synthesis of collagen and the production of melanin. The skin is firmer, more elastic and pigmentation spots are significantly reduced! Acting as a powerful anti-wrinkle ingredient, Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals generated by external aggressions such as pollution or tobacco...
Also known as ascorbic acid, this vitamin is found in many fruits and vegetables, including:
- Red fruits (strawberry, raspberry…)
- Red bell pepper...
What you need to know about Vitamin C...
In order for your skin to really benefit from topical vitamin C treatments, you need to know that:
- Its form in cosmetics must be the most active (L-ascorbic acid) and non-oxidized.
- Vitamin C is sensitive to light and air, and becomes oxidized when exposed to these factors. In practice it's difficult to store ready-made cosmetics properly to make the best of vitamin C in their formulas. Oxidized vitamin C has little to none benefits for the skin and may stain your face (as it becomes yellow or brown).
- The pH of the serum or cream in which the vitamin is contained must be quite acidic!
- Store your products with vitamin C in a dark, cool and dry conditions.
Top tip from Agnieszka: Instead of buying expensive cosmetics with L-ascorbic acid, try using it in its powder form. It's much more stable and less likely to degrade with light or heat. Simply buy pure vitamin C powder at a pharmacy and mix it at home with your favourite hydrosol to make an at-home intensive treatment. Use it always fresh & do not forget to wear SPF afterwards.
... and incorporate cosmetics with ingredients naturally rich in vitamin C to your routine!
Natural skincare routine rich in vitamin C…
- Start your routine by applying our favourite Vitamin C Serum formulated with plum oil and rose extract. This serum is enriched with vitamin C in its natural form - so don't worry about oxydation :) ! The skin will regain its firmness and elasticity to say BYE BYE to wrinkles... Another great option is Superfood Broccoli Chia Carrot Serum, also rich in Vitamin C for smooth, soft, well-nourished and moisturized skin!
- If serum is not enough for you, try Light Moisturizing - Revitalizing Cream! Extracts of Damascus Rose and Apple Cells that are naturally enriched with vitamin C are perfect to fight against the first signs of skin aging.
- At any time of the day, sprinkle your face with Lemongrass or Organic Orange Hydrosols for a surprising freshness and a boost of energy!